Context and Purpose of Ontorail Project
OntoRail is a project initiated at the UIC, the International Union of Railways, aimed at fulfilling two main goals:
- Leverage ontologies as a means to consolidate and enrich Railways Systems Modelling knowledge into an Encyclopedia
- Provide ontology-based tools to promote and facilitate convergence and federation between models of the railways domain.
- Browsing of ontologies and linking between ontologies
- Report differences between version of an ontology
- An Ontolex-backed glossary for the railway domain
UIC is currently working on a prototype web application currently available at https://app.ontorail.org/ontorail.
User documentation can be browsed at http://app.ontorail.org:8060/ontorailWiki/index.php/Main_Page.